Friday, February 25, 2011

Junior High Winter Camp

My lab piece for CIRCLES is being a Junior High leader at RH. And we leave for our annual winter retreat tomorrow. We are going to Big Bear Lake.

All I want is for these kids to encounter God. To see a change this weekend in there hearts for God and then in their behavior for God. I want them to be changed by the Holy Spirit and realize that Christ's death and resurrection are the two most important acts that ever happened in all of history. I want them to worship wholeheartedly, passionately, and give themselves in total unhindered consecration to the Lord. I wanna see revival in our middle school and in ten years I wanna hear about how the middle school kids of Rockharbor Church are changing the world for the King and His Kingdom. Come Holy Spirit and pour Yourself out on Your children!

10 comments:

  1. Awesome! Will be praying for you and the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for your weekend. God will do mighty things. Come Holy Spirit, come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is good to live in a way that expects great things from God. Just be available to Him. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So. Glad you can play a part and have a heart for these kids.
    Can't wait to read your follow-up blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. stoked that you're serving in this way. i would encourage you to discern between the work of the Holy Spirit and the emotionalism of middle school kids under circumstances like these. it can be a difficult thing to figure out where Christ is working and i hope it's revealed to you. thanks for your willingness to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nick! I'd love to hear about your experience at camp. I just spent the weekend with 14 jr. highers at Qyldlife camp. It was the most exhausting but amazing weeekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Radical man:) Be the light and expect big things. Nothing is impossible for the King of kings. Praying that camp gets rocked!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let us know how it goes! I love hearing stories from experiences lime this :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys! Camp was so good! I think mostly I am making such stronger relationships with those kids. I just love them. It was killer. God is everything He says He is.

    ReplyDelete