Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Romance...That seems like a good title

This was going to be a comment on Caydin Sanders' blog about being in a relationship with God before we can enter into a relationship with another person. It seemed like to big of a comment so I'm just gonna make it into a post. 

Before people can enter into a relationship with someone else, both parties must be united with God individually. Before we can healthily partake in Eros love, we must first know & receive Agape love from the Father, Son, and Spirit. 

Caydin wrote, "And foremost, He is giving me the gift of a deepened relationship with Him."

I can't agree more. So many of us want that deep relationship with another person, or to be fulfilled by an achievement, goal, or human. We become "relationship-ly", we become  "marriage-ly", or our heart becomes taken up by another person and we become "_________-ly" (insert name there). People, things, and passions fill the parts of our hearts that only God can fill! 

LET US BE "GOD-LY"!! Filled with His love and devotion to us first before any other entity can enter. 

9 comments:

  1. amen. articulated perfectly! I've had to learn this lesson myself the past couple months

    ReplyDelete
  2. : ) sooooo right on, Nick! refreshing to hear a man of God in tune with this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! I want to be GOD-ly, as you put it. This is a time we will never get back. It means a single-ness of focus, being fully devoted to Christ. Thanks for you thoughts on the subject!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one, Nick. It's what I've been thinking about recently too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen. It doesn't end when you do find that person you commit to and say "I do" to. This is always priority Number One, or the marriage doesn't work either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll just second what my wife said.

    That's another thing that helps marriage work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome Nick! Thanks so much! I've been working on this for the last few years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Preach it brother! It was so encouraging to hear these words come from a true man of God.

    ReplyDelete